I know you’ve all already marked your calendars, but just a reminder…..our national holiday, World Gnomers’ Day is quickly approaching!
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1ST, 2012!!!!!!!!!
We just received our tickets today for the 36th Annual Festival of the Gnomes in Joliet, Illinois!
Sent to gnomes from gnomes. Just the way it should be. This world-renown festival will feature a live show, gift shop, craft-making areas, raffles, artwork, music, AND SO MUCH MORE!
We’re so excited that we think you should join us! Tickets may be reserved by calling the park office at 815-724-3760 or e-mailing [email protected].
Not sure what Gnomers’ Day is all about? This special day was created to honor collectors of gnomes. Well, duh. This totally informative article gives some great tips about how to prepare for the upcoming holiday:
To prepare for December 1st and Gnomers’ Day …
- Plan to have coffee with other collectors or even friends who are not collectors. How could anyone not enjoy your Gnomes and a special get-together on such a special day?
- Place Gnomes on your dining tables, and think about moving others around a bit. They like a change of scene, too. Spruce up those needing a gently-wiped face and hands.
- Send a copy of this write-up to the editors of your local newspapers. They may be willing to mention the day if enticed by the colorful heading!
- If you have a Gnome-shaped cookie cutter, bake cookies. Bake a cake and decorate it with a Gnome design. Use a Gnome cookie cutter to press the shape onto the cake’s top, then fill in the shape with icings. (A cake pan maker was been asked to consider making a Gnome; no response yet.)
- If you’ve saved Gnome pictures and cards (like most of us), frame some for year-round pleasure. It doesn’t matter if they have a holiday theme, because Gnomes are never out of season.
Not gonna be around Joliet, Illinois on December 1st? No sweat! There’s plenty of other options for you to celebrate with us in spirit! Here’s a few suggestions:
- A Gnome For Christmas musical, an Imaginary Theater Company of St. Louis production – Poplar Bluff, Missouri
- Winter Fairy Gnome Garden craft class – Long Beach, California
- Mr. Gnome with Wild Twin Powers concert – Columbus, Ohio
- Pancakes with gnomes, Name the gnome contest, The gnome tree, etc. – Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Gnome Hunt at the Morton Arboretum – Lisle, Illinois
Get ready, get set, and go celebrate us!
Speak No Gnome, The Gnome